A transaction feature allowing cardholders to withdraw cash from their card account during a purchase at a store, at no additional fee.
Cash@POS service improves shopping experience, as it offers consumers the opportunity to obtain cash at the merchant point of sale, without the need to search for an ATM.
Maximum cash withdrawal is €100 per day. The merchant can set specific amounts (up to 4 options)
Eligible by all Mastercard debit cards. For credit cards, the issuing bank decides whether Cash@POS is allowed
A merchant can offer this service only for face-to-face/card present transactions verified by PIN, acting just like an ATM
- Reduces cash handling operational costs
- Provides value-added service to both merchants and consumers
- Improves customer experience
- No cash withdrawal fee for the cardholder
- No more searching for an ATM
- Saves clients' time, as they can combine purchasing and withdrawal transactions
- Safe and convenient way to obtain small amount of cash
By tapping a debit card during a purchase, the RCB POS terminal provides the option of cash withdrawal, up to €100, while merchants can define specific amounts for further convenience (i.e. €20, €50) and speed up the checkout process.
Make a card purchase at an RCB POS
POS recognises Cash@POS card eligibility
Select the option for cash withdrawal
Choose a withdrawal amount
Enter your card PIN